Shire Horse Demonstrations
Go over to the livestock area for a change to get close to our own shore horses, and perhaps even work with one.
Each day will see a hands-on demonstration of preparing a shire horse to show and to work. Saturday morning 10-11.30 and Sunday afternoon 1-3pm
Saturday is the day to come and see the Heavy Horse Classes, which have been a part of the Heckington Show since its very early days. Various breeds of Heavy Horses provided the power to work the land and to haul produce on farms and around the countryside.
In a tradition that continues today, owners would prepare and display their animals in front of a judge, who with an experienced eye would pick a winner….
New - The Oxby Cup - this is awarded in the Heavy Horse section for the Agricultural Turnouts Class.
2017 - Horse of the Year - Qualifier Show!
FOR SHIRE AND SHIRE HORSE TYPES:
1. Brood Mare 3 year old and upwards
2. Best Colt or Filly Foal
3. Barren Mare, Filly or Gelding 3years old and upwards
4. Best Colt, Filly or Gelding 2 years old
5. Best Colt, Filly or Gelding yearling
6. Best pair shown In Hand, 1year old and upwards
7. Any breed class: Any other breed of Heavy Horse, Mare, Filly or Gelding, any age
8. Young handler
FOR ALL RECOGNISED BREEDS:
For any recognised breed of Heavy Horse to be shown in full traditional harness.
9. Agricultural Turnout Class - For any recognised breed of Heavy Horse.
10. A single, pair or tandem exhibited in gears with an agricultural vehicle or implement.
A premium is paid to each entry that appears before the judge in the Harness and Agricultural Turnout classes; this is in addition to the standard appearance fee.
Heavy Horse Secretary
Tel & Fax: 01529 460267
E-mail: Mark Sardeson
Heavy Horse Schedule
Thanks go to our 2017 Sponsors: